Webley Plumbing are a Western Australian approved backflow tester and can test your backflow prevention to ensure it’s compliant and working as it should,
What is backflow and when is it likely to happen?
- Backflow occurs when water from a property flows backward into council pipes. It’s a possible health risk, due to contaminants that could pollute the water supply.
- Backflow is more likely to occur if:
- There is a drop in the pressure main, e.g. during the main break
- Water pressure at the property higher than at the main, e.g. if a pump is operating on the site.
- Backflow prevention devices are needed to ensure public water supply isn’t contaminated.